Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Easter Pictures and Progress on Mini Owl

I hope you all had a great Easter.  I was at my sister in laws (Bobbie or Roberta) for around 5 hours and enjoyed myself.  It was just Bobbie and I for about 2 1/2" hours (I got there early) so we had a wonderful talk about cross stitching and other things.  Bobbie always sets a wonderful table.  This is what her table looked like this year.


This is Bobbie.


And her flowers which are on top of the entertainment center.


I had a delicious meal which consisted of Pork Tenderloin, potatoes (3 kinds of baby potatoes, thin sliced red onion, a dressing), asparagus (with ground nuts - not sure what kind, freshly grated Parmesan and a dressing), sauteed pearl onions and mushrooms, and biscuits.


The wine we had with our meal (I forgot to ask the specifics) came from Spain.  The company was just as good as the meal. Lively conversation and a relaxing time.  Bobbie had gone to see Hamilton (on the stage) and talked about that.  I talked about the Quilt Festival.  A couple of her friends will be going to Spain soon to take a week cooking course/vacation, and my niece was just accepted into Georgia Tech Masters program in Prosthetics and Orthotics (MS) with nearly a full ride. 
She already has a job lined up in that field and will be starting in January.   Way to go Madison!

I finally got started on the Mini Owl cross stitch from HAED.  It doesn't look like much but I have about 250-300 stitches done already.


It is being done on 18 count Aida and I had page 1 of the pattern blown up A LOT!!!!


It is so much easier to read after getting it enlarged.  We'll see how it goes.

I hope everybody has/had a great day.  I see that the owl has coffee in hand so I guess I'd better get back to stitching.


No comments:

Total eclipse

 Shalom stopped by and showed me a couple of the pix that he took of the eclipse.  I thought I'd share with you. The first two pictures ...