Sunday, April 30, 2017

Back in Town...

I went out of town this weekend and spent it in Rockford, IL.  That was nice.  I stayed at a nice hotel which was easy to get to and the rates weren't that bad.  It was the Alpine Inn which is by East State Street and Alpine.  It's really only about 1/2 block away from the intersection so it was quick to find.  When I walked into the Alpine Inn the "nook" for the continental breakfast was off to the left hand side.  On the right you just see some of the sofa that people could wait while their rooms were getting ready.



My room wasn't quite ready so I was told to help myself to the coffee or juice.  It was nice to see that they were having the coffee available 24/7 but they had baby Styrofoam cups.  They did have, however, two different types of coffee available and had tea also.




I had a king size bed since they only have twin size or king, I took king.  That was so nice.  I had PLENTY of room and took advantage of those 4 pillows that were on the bed.  My little room also had a small sofa, end table and desk area as soon as I walked in.


It rained, of course, the whole time, but overall I thought it was a good place to stay.  With tax added in, it was just over $79.  The continental breakfast was pretty good.  Obviously, tea and coffee, but they also had 4 kinds of dry cereal, 2% milk in a gallon container so if you wanted to drink milk and/or have it on your cereal you could.  Also included was orange juice, apple juice, mini bagels with cream cheese, donuts, English muffins, and a toaster so you could toast them if you wish.

I also stopped by Great Clips and got my hair done.  Gotta love their $7.99 specials that happen each year.  I L.O.V.E. to have somebody wash my hair so that extra $4 was well worth it.  Eventually I made it home but have to share with you some new hand fans that I picked up.  These are three different ones and they work beautifully.  


I also made it home in time to finish up my Blackberry cordial that I have had sitting for a week.  it was a small batch which yielded about 1 1/2 cups of cordial and, of course, vodka infused blackberries.  They have been soaking in vodka and brown sugar for a week.



My next batch (next month) will be strawberries or raspberries.

I thought I would end today with a couple of pictures that I like.  This one is a Yellow Magnolia that she has in her yard.


 The other picture that I have to share is from work.  This is what I get to see out of my window if I'd turn around and look at it.



That's all for now.  I have to put my mini owl cross stitch on a new frame and see how it works out.

I hope everybody has enjoyed these pictures and has a wonderful evening.


No comments:

Saturday Musings

 Hello everybody.  I hope your Saturday is going  well.  I have been busy working on various projects and can now show some pictures.  Befor...